The south of Spain; better known as Andalusia; is a beautiful area of the country, draped in culture and history that will blow your mind. Whether it’s the stunning coast that draws you in, or the history of conquests which have left their mark on Andalusian cities that you prefer, this is the perfect place to call home and study Spanish. Our institution is based in Granada, one of the most cherished cities in the south, being historically fought over by monarchs and dynasties.
Granada’s history is one filled with different owners and conquerors. It was the last city to be held under the Moors’ rule, until the Moors were defeated in 1492 by Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile, the King and Queen at the time! Granada was pivotal for the unification of Spain as we know it today, and therefore many of these historical events are celebrated and exposed in museums across the city. The beautiful Alhambra is also situated in Granada, showcasing the lavish lifestyles of Moorish leaders and royalty. However, just taking a walk through the city will unveil the blend of Islamic culture and Catholicism. The charming streets of Alcaicería reveal many chic stores and Arab style markets. This is a city you cannot miss.
Our school in Granada is situated in a peaceful neighbourhood, yet is not outside the city giving you the best of both worlds. The school welcomes roughly 800 students a year, offering you the perfect opportunity to make friends and meet people from all over the world. Our spacious classrooms are in a typical Andalusian style building, with a large indoor patio to chill out in outside of classes here. The school belongs to FEDELE (Federation of Schools of Spanish as a Foreign Language) and to EEA (Spanish in Andalusia), certifying our high quality standard of teaching and training.
Courses available in Granada
Intensive Mixed Courses
Intensive courses offer a fantastic opportunity to learn conversational skills, replicating your experience in Spanish speaking countries. Our mixed courses incorporate group and private classes, with a minimum of 1 week per course required. These classes are open to all levels.
- Standard +1 Course: This intensive course consists of 4 45 minute group sessions per day and an additional private class per day also.
- Standard +2 Course: This intensive course includes 4 45 minute group sessions per day and an extra 2 private classes per day as well. This is our recommended option to really excel with your Spanish skills!
Intensive Group Courses
Intensive courses are a great way to speed up your learning and progress quickly. The majority of our intensive courses offer a great level of flexibility, all requiring only 1 week minimum teaching time.
- Standard Course: This basic course includes 4 45 minute group classes a day, offering a basic yet essential package for students looking to learn efficiently in a classroom environment. Taught at all levels, from A1 to C2.
- Intensive Course: This course is very similar to the above, but offers an additional class per day. This is ideal for students looking to speed up their learning process.
- Super-intensive Course: Again the super-intensive is very similar to the basic course, but offers a further 2 classes per day.
Spanish Express has devised 3 separate courses dedicated to three different areas, giving you the opportunity to focus on an area where you struggle particularly. This focused course could be more useful for those looking to perfect speaking, writing and/or reading skills.
- Conversation Course: This course includes 2 45 minute private lessons per week, and is available for levels A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2.
- Writing Workshop: This course includes 2 45 minute private classes per week, and is available for levels A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2.
- Culture Workshop: This course includes various trips to heritage sites around Granada, and a 45 minute private class per day. It is available for levels A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2.
As in all of our institutions, in Granada we offer one-to-one private classes. This is a fantastic way to boost your skills because you are totally in control of the class content, the focus of lessons and the direction of your studies.
- One-to-one classes: Decide the length and time frame for your classes on an individual basis with your tutor. Topics and levels can also be arranged according to your needs.
Spanish Express offers a range of different programs all with a twist, tailored to a multitude of needs. These courses are ideal if you’re looking to learn Spanish at a slightly more relaxed pace but with an activity to enrich your practical speaking skills.
- Spanish for Families: This course is totally flexible depending on your needs. You decide the level and duration, and the focus of classes. We cater to you!
Spanish in Your Teacher’s Home: This is a fantastic way to learn Spanish because the teaching never stops. Similar to our programme offered in Valencia, but in the beautiful Sierra Nevada region. This course includes 6 group or 6 private lessons, various cultural trips and activities and accommodation for the duration of the trip, available for all levels.
- School Trips: Our school programme includes all the essentials so no need to worry or overthink – let us do the work! The course consists of 4 to 6 45 minute classes per day, and includes airport transfers and luggage to put your mind at rest. Outside of the classroom, we can arrange a fun-filled itinerary for all students and teachers.
- Combined Course: Learn in any other Spanish Express school in Spain or Chile and combine your experience. The majority of our courses are available to combine, so please enquire and we can tailor this experience to you.
Preparing for an exam doesn’t have to be difficult, especially when our fantastic team in Granada is by your side to help.
- DELE Preparation Course: Our preparation course includes 4 45 minute group classes per day, and between 4 and 10 private classes depending on the length of the course. All levels, from A1 to C2, are available.
- Business Spanish, Spanish for Tourism, Medical Spanish: These courses are designed to specialise on a specific topic, depending on your needs. We offer these courses at level B1, B2, C1, C2.
Spanish off the Page
We offer a number of courses which combine Spanish classes and fun activities depending on what you like to do in your free time. After all, the classroom environment isn’t for everyone.
- Spanish Outdoors: This course consists of 4 45 minute classes per day, and a mixture of activities in the Sierra Nevada region and Granada for you to enjoy!
- Spanish & Dancing: Get lost in the world of Flamenco with our combined dancing and Spanish course. This includes 4 45 minute classes per day, and a dancing workshop during the week.
- Spanish & Art: Incorporate fun activities such as photo walks and gallery tours with 4 45 minute classes a day. This is fantastic for art lovers wanting to learn Spanish!
Our school in Granada also offers additional classes for non-native Spanish teachers. These classes are designed to boost your confidence speaking Spanish and being in the classroom. This course consists of 6 group classes a day, and is strictly for levels C1 and C2.
There are a range of different accommodation types on offer, and Spanish Express can help you make the right choice. Choose between the following:
- Host family (meals included)
- Student residence
- Shared flat
- Teacher’s home