Spanish Express in Madrid is no ordinary language school; it’s philosophy is centralised around a distinctively engaging approach to teaching which encourages the student to come out of their shell and make the most of their learning journey. We want our clients to have fun and enjoy their experience with us, and the lively city of Madrid is the perfect location for this. Our Madrid school was founded in 1982, and since then we have provided language training to thousands of clients.
As is the case with all of our schools, our courses in Madrid are designed for our students, and tailored to their specific needs. We offer specialised business courses, courses which focus on gastronomy and culture and exam preparation courses too. We strive for a level of excellence in each lesson, and therefore our fantastic school is Instituto Cervantes accredited. As a result, we are able to offer courses to prepare for DELE, SIELE and CCSE exams.
Our team of tutors in Madrid are loyal and caring, and thrive off the progress made by their students. We have no doubt that you will feel thoroughly supported and fully embraced by your teacher, who will be by your side every step of the way.
Courses available in Madrid
- Standard intensive course: this is our basic intensive course which includes 22 lessons in a week, covering all levels depending on your ability. This also includes leisure-time activities such as film screenings.
- Super intensive course: our super intensive course offers a blend of teaching styles, consisting of 20 lessons a week, 10 small group classes per week which are great for conversation and 2 cultural workshops to discuss political and economic issues in the country. This is offered across all levels, and requires a minimum duration of 1 week.
- Combined course: the combined course is very similar to the super intensive course, however consists of more small group classes and fewer one-on-one classes. This is ideal for those looking to improve their conversational skills primarily.
This can be arranged to cover any length of time, any level and any topic. This is our most flexible option as the student designs the course with the assistance of their tutor. Lessons can be a one off, or follow a course.
Students and Travelling
These courses are ideal for students, and those intending to travel around Spain or use their time in Madrid as a gap year.
- DELE Afternoon Exam Preparation: this course is ideal for those who have booked to take their DELE exam. You can study for one or two afternoons a week, for three hours. Ideally, you need to start this course between 8 and 12 weeks before your exam.
- Gap Year Programme: if you’re intending to take a gap year in Madrid, this is ideal for you. Our 24 week programme prepares you according to a DELE exam preparation course, but also will enrich your knowledge of general Spanish and Spanish culture and heritage.
- Spanish course for Erasmus+ and Au Pairs: this course is ideal if you need to top up your Spanish skills for a practical purpose whilst travelling in Spain. This morning course runs for 4 weeks, and consists of 4 lessons a week. After this four week period, you can continue with us to further enhance your language ability.
As in all of our institutions, in Granada we offer one-to-one private classes. This is a fantastic way to boost your skills because you are totally in control of the class content, the focus of lessons and the direction of your studies.
- One-to-one classes: Decide the length and time frame for your classes on an individual basis with your tutor. Topics and levels can also be arranged according to your needs.
General Spanish Courses
- Evening course: two nights a week we offer an evening course across four weeks, covering all levels depending on your needs. These group classes are a fabulous way to practise conversational skills and embrace Spanish culture.
- Weekend course: available on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings, this 4 week course covers 16 lessons. This is a great option for those who can’t make our weekday classes, but want the benefits of learning in a group.
- Standard Group course:Boost your language skills by booking onto our group course for one week (or more). Interact with others during cultural activities to reinforce what you’ve learned in the classroom.
- Summer Program: Juniors: have you ever thought of sending your child to a summer school? Why not incorporate language studies too? In Madrid, we offer a Summer Program for teens aged 15-17, which includes 20 lessons and cultural and leisure activities. This is spread over 2 weeks and runs at all levels from A1 to C2.
- Summer Program: El Escorial – this course is designed for 12-15 year olds and takes place in El Escorial, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This includes 20 classes and a range of fun cultural activities, and is spread over 2 weeks.
- Spanish and Football: Real Madrid – this incredible package combines a week of professional football training at the Real Madrid campus, and 4 Spanish classes a day. You can decide if you’d like 1 or 2 weeks of language training, therefore making this course either 2 or 3 weeks long.
- Extensive Course: this course is centralised around business jargon and terms, and is ideal for people hoping to learn more but need to fit this around a busy schedule. The course includes 3 weekly lessons, but over the space of 8 weeks. This gives you time to learn at your own pace and will complement your lifestyle. Levels C1 and C2.
- Intensive Course: this course is also centralised around business language, however is ideal for those who want to speed things up! It includes 20 group lessons and 10 private lessons, at levels C1 and C2.
- TEFL & Spanish Course: if you’d like to gain your TEFL certificate whilst learning Spanish, we offer this too. Learn any Spanish level, from A1 to C2, and gain your TEFL accreditation in as little as 4 weeks, or stretch this over an academic year. The choice is yours.
- City hopper: immerse yourself in the culture of Spain to enrich your language skills by taking this option. Although you’ll be based in our school in Madrid, you will see different cities in Spain throughout your course.
- Spanish & a Passion: these courses blend the following options with our standard course of 20 lessons – 4 per day – taught at any level from A1 to C2. Depending on your choice, enjoy excursions, vineyard tours, restaurant visits and more.
- Spanish & Gourmet Cooking
- Spanish & Art
- Spanish & Small Museums
- Spanish & Wine
- Spanish & Flamenco
- Spanish & Almódovar Cinema
- Spanish & Cool Madrid Neighbourhoods
- Spanish for ELE Teachers: Ideal for those wanting to brush up on their teaching skills. This course runs for 12 weeks and includes 110 lessons. Level C1 or C2 required
- ELE Introductory course: have you ever thought about teaching Spanish as a foreign language? Learn the basics and find out more with our introductory course. This includes 60 hours of class and tutorials. Level B2, C1 or C2 required.
- Individual ELE Training: if you’d like a more personal approach to teaching, this could be the option for you. This consists of 20 language classes in an advanced group, and therefore required B2 or higher.
- ELE Practical Training: If you are ELE certified but want more confidence in the classroom, our teacher trainers can assist you. This course lasts 2 weeks, and consists of 4 hours worth of classroom observation activities a day. Levels C1 and C2 minimum required.
We have a range of solutions when it comes to finding accomodation. If you’d like to immerse yourself further in the culture, we can help you find a host family to live with. We also have a local student residence. Alternatively, you can find private accommodation in hostels, hotels and B&Bs.
For more information on Spanish courses call us on +44 (0) 20 3220 0339 or drop us a line at: [email protected]