Our school in San Sebastian is a fantastic place to begin your learning journey with Spanish Express. Situated in the north of Spain, in the Basque Country, our Instituto Cervantes accredited facility offers a range of courses designed for different types of learners and we are sure that there will be a course perfect for you. Our school is close to Zurriola beach and the historical centre, known as Donostia. There is no excuse not to become acquainted with this fantastic city.
Each of Spain’s regions is distinctive and has cultural influences from different parts of their history and from their neighbours. In San Sebastian, we want you to learn about the wonders and adventures which can be find in each street, specific to this city. Therefore, outside of class time we arrange excursions and trips for our students. We offer accommodation services, personalised courses and cultural immersion experiences. Spanish Express is here to help, so you can focus on enjoying your new home city!
Courses available in San Sebastian
All of our intensive courses range from levels A1 to C2 DELE. You can decide the duration and the focus of your course from our pre-set course guides:
- Intensive course 1: This course consists of 20 group lessons and 5 complementary one-to-one lessons.
- Superintensive course 30: This course is ideal for those looking to enhance their skills effectively and quickly. Consisting of 30 lessons in a week, it is the most intensive course that we offer.
- Spanish intensive course 24: This course is the most diverse on offer, consisting of classes, group sessions and weekly workshops. Mixing up lesson styles can help you engage more, and our workshops are centralised around interesting topics such as culture and business.
- Intensive courses 20: This is our basic intensive course which runs 3 times throughout the year. Students will have 20 classes a week (4 a day).
Our general courses are designed to cover a broad range of topics useful for you:
- Private One-to-One Courses: this course is totally flexible and designed by the student with their tutor’s assistance. Choose between 15, 20 and 25 classes per week.
- Courses for minigroups: this is the ideal option for families or small groups of friends looking to learn together. Choose between 2 and 4 lessons a day, and students have the flexibility to decide the level and focus of classes.
- 3-Day-Spanish-Course ‘Flex’:our three day course is a great taster if you’re not sure if Spanish is for you, but want to find out! Try it with friends, and have some fun.
- TANDEM Spanish Courses for Groups: travelling with work or school? No issue. We can organise a programme of classes and excursions depending on your needs.
Gain valuable experience on a placement at a Spanish school or company in San Sebastian! This consists of 4 weeks intensive course, and an 8 week placement in Spain. Required: B1 above level of Spanish.
Make sure you’re ready to take your DELE exam by prepping with us! We offer all levels for preparation, from A1 to C2. This is based on a 20 lesson intensive course, with 5 additional lessons specific to your exam. The minimum duration for this course is 1 week.
Want to learn Spanish and incorporate a new hobby into your course? There’s nothing stopping you as we have it all here in our activity packs:
- Horse-Riding pack: add a four hour horse-riding class to any Spanish Express course in San Sebastian.
- Nature Experience pack: alongside your studies, visit two breathtaking sites outside of class time. This is available as an add-on for any course, at any level.
- Culture-Experience pack: consolidate your knowledge of Spanish through Pintxo tours and workshops focusing on the culture and history of the Basque Country. Other excursions on this option include visits to the Albaola Shipyard project. This is available as an add-on for any course, at any level.
- Gastronomic Experience pack: enjoy 3 activities a week outside of your studies, surrounding the world of Spanish gastronomy and the culinary delights that San Sebastian has to offer. This is available as an add-on for any course, at any level.
- Spanish and Surf: add a 5 hour surfing class weekly to your Spanish course. This is available year round and takes place on the Zurriola Beach, just a short 10 minutes from our school in San Sebastian.
Our institution in San Sebastian is accredited by Madrid Chamber of Commerce. Our business Spanish intensive course is comprised of between 25 and 30 lessons a week, at levels B2, C1 and C2.
Or non-native Spanish teachers we offer an intensive week course to help enhance their skills. This consists of 6 lessons per day, Monday to Friday.
There are a range of different accommodation types on offer, and Spanish Express can help you make the right choice. Choose between the following:
- Host family (meals included)
- Student residence
- Shared flat
- Teacher’s home
We have a range of solutions when it comes to finding accomodation. If you’d like to immerse yourself further in the culture, we can help you find a host family to live with. Alternatively, you can find private accommodation in hostels, hotels and B&Bs.
For more information on Spanish courses call us on +44 (0) 20 3220 0339 or drop us a line at: [email protected]