The Non-native Spanish teacher immersion programme is aimed at any teacher, whether a teacher of Spanish or of other subjects, who has at least a B1 level of Spanish and wants to improve their level and refresh or gain skills for teaching Spanish in a language school, college or university.
This online immersion programme is suitable for teachers who are non-native speakers of Spanish and
- intend to teach their subject(s) through the medium of Spanish
- soon-to-be Spanish teachers at a language school, college or university
- are already teaching general Spanish as a foreign language in a language school, college or university
- are already teaching GCSE and/or A Level Spanish in a school or college
- soon-to-be Spanish teachers for GCSE and A Level Spanish in a school or college
- are already working as freelancers as private tutors
- soon-to-be embarking on the adventure of being private tutor
What are the benefits of this programme for non-native Spanish teachers?
The Spanish Teacher immersion programme take place in the teacher trainer’s home in Spain, which means complete language immersion for the duration of the programme. This immersion style teaching brings a rapid means of enhancing both language skills and teaching techniques.
Non-native teachers will gain experience or enhance their teaching experience and become a more knowledgeable, well-rounded education professional by learning to incorporate new topics for the GCSE and A level syllabus or for general language teaching into their classes.
Moreover, non-native speakers of Spanish will improve their pronunciation and accent, which will help them back in the classroom. This way, students will hear and absorb the sound of the language more accurately in the classroom which will lead, in turn to improvements in the speaking and listening skills of the students.
Who are our teacher trainers?
Our native Spanish teacher trainers are qualified and experienced coaches, have more than 20 years of experience working in the UK and Spain, and will always expect a high level of participation and input from the non-native Spanish teachers. The methodology of the classes will be mainly full immersion, with a variety of workshops, presentations, debates, meeting with other Spanish teachers and working on teaching resources.