We offer Spanish Edexcel AS and A level courses for adolescents and adults as part of our Spanish private tuition services with the timetable and format tailored to individual needs. These courses can also be delivered as part of our Spanish small group tuition services through David Game College (only up to the age of 18), depending on the specific circumstances.
The new Edexcel A Level Spanish has been developed to inspire all students who have an appreciation of the language, literature, film and culture of the Spanish-speaking world.
We encourage our students not just to learn a language, but to use it confidently and appropriately in a variety of contexts. Our exam preparation courses allow for this, whilst you gain a desirable qualification in the process.
What board do we do?
Why study Edexcel Spanish A level?
A level can be a stepping stone to promising academic and business careers. A level remains absolutely crucial, especially in terms of entry to university.
One of the great strengths of the English educational system is that it provides students with the opportunity to specialise in the subjects of their choice at AS and A Level. British universities prefer A Levels as they provide the depth required for UK degree courses.
At over 500 million speakers, Spanish is the second most common language in the world. If you are looking to learn a language that will open up several continents then Spanish can definitely provide. It certainly is the primary language in Spain, South and Central America, along with being widely spoken in the US.
Which subjects complement Spanish A level?
Spanish combines well with a number of other subjects. The related disciplines of other languages, Business Studies, ICT and Economics are obvious examples. Other suitable subjects are Travel and Tourism and Art and Design (Photography).
What careers and university courses can Spanish lead to?
With the growing expectation that candidates applying for jobs should be competent in at least one foreign language, Spanish is suitable for students wishing to pursue a wide variety of courses and subsequent careers.
Do you need extra help?
Should you need some help with your Personal Statement for UCAS or for your independent research project, get in touch with us!
Choosing which language to learn is a very subjective thing, because we all have different needs and interests. These questions might give you the right answer!
What are the 10 most spoken languages by number of native speakers?
- Mandarin Chinese
What are the 10 world’s most spoken languages by total speakers (native and non-native)?
- Mandarin Chinese
What are the top 10 languages needed for cultural, educational, diplomatic and security purposes?
- Mandarin Chinese
Still not sure what language to study?
Here you have a list of some more reasons to study foreign languages
1. Foreign languages provide a competitive edge in career choices: one is able to communicate in a second language.
2. Foreign language study enhances listening skills and memory.
3. One participates more effectively and responsibly in a multicultural world if one knows another language.
4. Your marketable skills in the global economy are improved if you master another language.
5. Foreign language study offers a sense of the past: culturally and linguistically.
6. The study of a foreign tongue improves the knowledge of one’s own language: English vocabulary skills increase.
7. The study of foreign languages teaches and encourages respect for other peoples: it fosters an understanding of the interrelation of language and human nature.
8. Foreign languages expand one’s view of the world, liberalize one’s experiences, and make one more flexible and tolerant.
9. Foreign languages expand one’s world view and limit the barriers between people: barriers cause distrust and fear.
10. Foreign languages open the door to art, music, dance, fashion, cuisine, film, philosophy, science…
Advantages of private tuition
Private tuition is extremely flexible as a teaching method, and it enables students to work at their own pace. Students can get through a lot of material quickly without having to wait for others to catch up before the class can move on. Each student encounters different challenges along the way, and these can be tackled efficiently through one-on-one teaching.
If students have missed classes through illness or for family reasons, they can cover lost ground quickly and effectively in private classes. Timetables are arranged around the student’s needs, making this our most accessible service available to even the most hectic and busiest lifestyles.
The informal nature of private tuition allows a student to express ideas freely and confidently, with a tutor’s undivided attention, and allows a tutor to deal directly with any problems that may arise.
*Please see further down other course delivery formats.
Spanish Express is a division of David Game College. It has been a recognised examination centre since 1974. All private candidates who register for examinations at David Game College can expect:
- a fast, accurate, efficient service;
- timetable clashes to be resolved without fuss;
- applications for Access Arrangements (where relevant) to be dealt with tactfully and professionally;
- Statements of Entry to be annotated to cover timetable clashes, to show 100% correct information (subject and personal details), and to be distributed to students well ahead of the examinations they relate to;
- all issues relating to cash-in codes to be dealt with efficiently and without fuss;
- to be provided with all necessary materials where it is our responsibility, for example any relevant pre-release material.
Prepare for your Edexcel Spanish International GCSE and take the exam with us!