We offer Spanish Edexcel International GCSE courses for adolescents and adults as part of our Spanish private tuition services, with the timetable and format tailored to individual needs. These courses can also be delivered as part of our Spanish small group tuition services through David Game College (only up to the age of 18), depending on the specific circumstances.
Our teaching methods place special emphasis on the development of language skills in the form of oral and written communication, while continuing to pay attention to the theoretical aspects of the Spanish language.
We encourage our students not just to learn a language, but to use it confidently and appropriately in a variety of contexts. Our Edexcel International GCSE exam preparation courses allow for this, whilst gaining a desirable qualification in the process.
What board do we do?
Why study Edexcel Spanish International GCSE?
GCSEs are a crucial step in the educational system and are important for entry into Higher Education and most vocational training in the UK.
At over 500 million speakers, Spanish is the second most common language in the world. If you are looking to learn a language that will open up several continents then Spanish can definitely provide. It certainly is the primary language in Spain, South and Central America, along with being widely spoken in the US.
Preparing for Edexcel International GCSE Spanish will allow students to explore and appreciate Spanish culture, Spanish gastronomy, Spanish history and Spanish art through its language. The aim of the qualification is to test Spanish language competence through realistic and contextualised tasks based on authentic texts. Speaking, listening, reading and writing skills are tested through three examination papers.
Which subjects complement IGCSE Spanish?
Spanish combines well with a number of other subjects. The related disciplines of other languages, Business Studies, ICT and Economics are obvious examples. Other suitable subjects are other Modern Foreign Languages, Travel and Tourism and Art and Design (Photography).
What careers and university courses can Spanish lead to?
With the growing expectation that candidates applying for jobs should be competent in at least one foreign language, Spanish is suitable for students wishing to pursue a wide variety of courses and subsequent careers.
Choosing which language to learn is a very subjective thing, because we all have different needs and interests. These questions might give you the right answer!
What are the 10 most spoken languages by number of native speakers?
- Mandarin Chinese
What are the 10 world’s most spoken languages by total speakers (native and non-native)?
- Mandarin Chinese
What are the top 10 languages needed for cultural, educational, diplomatic and security purposes?
- Mandarin Chinese
Still not sure what language to study?
Here you have a list of some more reasons to study foreign languages
1. Foreign Language study creates more positive attitudes and less prejudice toward people who are different.
2. Analytical skills improve when students study a foreign language.
3. Business skills plus foreign language skills make an employee more valuable in the marketplace.
4. Dealing with another culture enables people to gain a more profound understanding of their own culture.
5. Creativity is increased with the study of foreign languages.
6. Graduates often cite foreign language courses as some of the most valuable courses in college because of the communication skills developed in the process.
7. International travel is made easier and more pleasant through knowing a foreign language.
8. Skills like problem solving, dealing with abstract concepts, are increased when you study a foreign language.
9. Foreign language study enhances one’s opportunities in government, business, medicine, law, technology, military, industry, marketing, etc.
10. A second language improves your skills and grades in all other subjects.
Advantages of private tuition
Private tuition is extremely flexible as a teaching method, and it enables students to work at their own pace. Students can get through a lot of material quickly without having to wait for others to catch up before the class can move on. Each student encounters different challenges along the way, and these can be tackled efficiently through one-on-one teaching.
If students have missed classes through illness or for family reasons, they can cover lost ground quickly and effectively in private classes. Timetables are arranged around the student’s needs, making this our most accessible service available to even the most hectic and busiest lifestyles.
The informal nature of private tuition allows a student to express ideas freely and confidently, with a tutor’s undivided attention, and allows a tutor to deal directly with any problems that may arise.
*Please see further down other course delivery formats.
Spanish Express is a division of David Game College. It has been a recognised examination centre since 1974. All private candidates who register for examinations at David Game College can expect:
- a fast, accurate, efficient service;
- timetable clashes to be resolved without fuss;
- applications for Access Arrangements (where relevant) to be dealt with tactfully and professionally;
- Statements of Entry to be annotated to cover timetable clashes, to show 100% correct information (subject and personal details), and to be distributed to students well ahead of the examinations they relate to;
- all issues relating to cash-in codes to be dealt with efficiently and without fuss;
- to be provided with all necessary materials where it is our responsibility, for example any relevant pre-release material.
Prepare for your Edexcel Spanish International GCSE and take the exam with us!