SE Terms & Conditions
We have tried to make the information on the Spanish Express website as accurate as possible. We accept, however, no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by any person resulting from information on this site.
Spanish Express provides internet links to other websites and resources as a free information service. We have no control over such websites and resources, and as such we cannot be responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and do not endorse any content, advertising, products, or other materials from such websites or resources.
Spanish Express cannot be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website.
1. Spanish Express makes no warranty that:
- The website will meet your requirements
- The website will be uninterrupted, up-to-date or error-free
- The information that may be obtained from the use of the website will be accurate and/or reliable
- The quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by customers through the website will meet your expectations.
In accordance with the provisions of current legislation on the Protection of Personal Data, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, we inform you that your data will be incorporated into the processing system owned by Spanish Express, located 31 Jewry Street, London, EC3N 2ET, UK, and will be treated mixed files with personal data called CUSTOMER DATA, stored and managed in accordance with the GDPR.
The collection and processing of personal data, incorporated into these files, is intended to to provide you with information or services of your interest, as well as to send you commercial communications, including commercial messages via SMS, email, and postal mail, etc., from the study and segmentation of the data collected during navigation through the website, the data provided by filling in any form, as well as those derived from the contractual relationship with you. This site will not do automated processing, including profiling.
You, as the owner of the data must explicitly agree that you accept that your data may be incorporated into these files, giving your explicit consent once your data has been filled in on any of the forms available on this website, in which any personal data is obligatorily required and before it is sent. The legal basis for the processing of your data is the provision of your consent, which may be withdrawn upon request.
Security and duty of secrecy
Spanish Express undertakes to comply with the obligation of secrecy with regard to the personal data provided, as well as the duty to safeguard it by adopting the appropriate technical, organisational and security measures necessary to prevent its alteration, loss, processing or unauthorised access.
Duration of data processing
Your data will be kept for the time strictly necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and for as long as your consent persists and has not been expressly revoked.
Your data is strictly confidential. It is only shared with Iberoamerican Internet Business SLU, which acts as our Data Processor under the rules of GDPR. Your personal information will not be passed on to third parties unless we’re legally obligated to do so.
You have the right to obtain confirmation if we are processing personal data concerning you, to access your personal data, as well as to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, to request their deletion when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. In certain circumstances, you may request a restriction on the processing of your data, in which case we will only retain them for the purpose of exercising or defending claims. For reasons related to your particular situation, you may object to the processing of your data. You have the right to portability where technically possible. You may contact the above postal address or e-mail address email@example.com to exercise your rights.
All quotations in pounds sterling, unless otherwise stated, are valid for one month.
4. Refunds & Cancellations
We understand that plans change and you may have to postpone, cancel or prematurely terminate your booking with us. Please read the following section carefully regarding our refund and cancellation policy.
- All live teacher-lead tuition (private tuition, bespoke workshops, film & literature workshops, group tuition) can only be cancelled in writing (email or text) with a minimum of 24-hour notice for individual private tuition and 72-hour notice for bespoke workshops, film & literature workshops and group tuition held at schools , given within Spanish Express working hours (Monday to Saturday 09:00 am – 07:00 pm), or the full fee will be charged.
- Where the lesson has been cancelled by a student within the time frame, the postponed time and date of the lesson will be rearranged at the teacher’s discretion.
- Please note that packages of lessons are valid for 3 months from the date of the first lesson. After that time, if no satisfactory attendance has been fulfilled it will be deemed that the client is no longer interested in the course and any remaining tuition hours purchased will be lost.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to a course if the student’s level is not of the required standard.
- There is no reduction in the course fees where a course includes a public holiday. One-to-one and Two-to-one lessons will be rearranged.
- All course fees are non-refundable, unless the course is cancelled by Spanish Express.
Spanish Homestay Immersion Programme (SHIP)
- All of our SHIP bookings are individual and bespoke, therefore we would encourage you to make any amendments or cancellations as early as possible to avoid fees and disappointment.
- Please note that cancellations or postponements are only accepted in writing, via email, and it is essential that the student ensures that we have received their notification.
- In the event that a cancellation or postponement notice is received at least 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival, Spanish Express will charge you the £150 cancellation or postponement fee.
- For cancellations or postponements made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival, we regret to inform you that no refunds will be possible.
- Bookings with external agencies and organisations, such as flight and travel companies, and for external activities during leisure time, have their own terms and conditions. Spanish Express is not responsible for any refunds should you need to cancel such bookings.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to book their own travel insurance for the duration of their journey.
- In the event of an emergency, we reserve the right to cancel the booking without prior notice. In this case, the student is entitled to a full refund.
- Students are liable to pay for any breakages or damage that occur in the teacher/host’s home.
- Guests are subject to the host’s house rules and should respect them at all times. Guests should not smoke or bring alcohol into the host’s accommodation without first receiving their permission.
- The booking is only valid for the person/persons named in the confirmation document. Bookings are not transferable and guests must not invite other people into the teacher/host’s accommodation.
All complaints should be first addressed to the person at the point of contact e.g. the teacher, tutor, trainer, translator, interpreter, consultant, etc. If the dispute or problem cannot be resolved between the parties concerned, then a letter of complaint or email should be addressed to the Managing Director, Spanish Express giving full details. All such complaints will be dealt with in a timely manner, courteously and sympathetically. If it becomes clear that the specification in a quotation has not been delivered e.g. an interpreter arrived late for a meeting, a consultant did not assess all the staff as agreed, then an offer of compensation will be made appropriate to the degree of reduction in work carried out.
Please direct any letters of complaint to Mónica Romero: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Quality Control & Assurance
Although occasional problems do occur, customers can rest assured that stringent quality procedures are in place:
- qualifications of all staff are checked before employment commences
- references of all staff are checked before employment commences
- customers are frequently requested to complete a customer satisfaction questionnaire
- Our teaching staff are DBS checked
7. Translation, Interpreting, Proofreading, Voice-over & Abstracting
Due to the nature of translation and interpreting work it is impossible to guarantee that such work is 100% error free. We recommend that for important documents and meetings additional translators or interpreters are used to reduce the chance of errors. Spanish Express is able to offer proofreading services to reduce the risk of spelling and grammar mistakes.
All Translation, Interpreting, Proofreading, Voice-over & Abstracting is subject to our standard tuition refund and cancellation policy.
Clients must agree not to make any separate arrangements with Spanish Express staff during contracts and for a period of one year afterwards; all negotiations with Spanish Express staff must be made through Spanish Express. Spanish Express may give full contact details of their consultants and other staff to clients to facilitate communications during contracts, but this is on the understanding that they will only use this information for the purposes of Spanish Express business, and that they will not share this information with third parties.
9. Bank holidays in England and Wales
|2 January||Monday||New Year’s Day (substitute day)|
|7 April||Friday||Good Friday|
|10 April||Monday||Easter Monday|
|1 May||Monday||Early May bank holiday|
|8 May||Monday||Coronation of King Charles III|
|29 May||Monday||Spring bank holiday|
|28 August||Monday||Summer bank holiday|
|25 December||Monday||Christmas Day|
|26 December||Tuesday||Boxing Day|
As all services are individually prepared, full payment must accompany each order. No orders will be accepted without payment in full. Large contracts, which are executed over a long period, may be broken down into stages and paid in instalments, normally monthly.
10.1. One-to-One and Two-to-One Tuition
Tuition fees are only payable in advance. Any cancellation of less than 24 hours notice, given within Spanish Express office working hours (Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm) will deem the full amount of the lesson be payable. Please see our full cancellation and refund policy above (Point 4).
Please note that packages of lessons are valid for 3 months from the date of the first lesson, unless stated otherwise on the package. After that time, if no satisfactory attendance has been fulfilled it will be deemed that the client is no longer interested in the course and therefore will have lost the remaining hours and the onus of the decision to be resting with the client.
10.2. Closed Group Tuition (Corporate, Schools & Colleges)
Tuition fees are only payable in advance. Any cancellation of less than 24 hours notice. , given within Spanish Express office working hours (Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm) will deem the full amount of the lesson be payable. Please see our full cancellation and refund policy above (Point 4).
10.3. Translation, Interpreting, Proofreading, and Voice-over & Abstracting
A minimum of 50% of the full cost must be paid for prior to the commencement of the work stated. This 50% is non refundable once the payment is received.
10.4. Payments to Spanish Express may be made in three different ways:
- By bank transfer
- By debit/credit card through our website. Please get in touch for further information to ensure you purchase the correct course.
- By standing order. You can set up a standing order from your bank for the 1st of each month.
11. Student Holidays & Absences
Students should notify their tutors if they are not able to attend class. All classes are pre-booked, therefore any pre-booked holidays and absences should be discussed at the time of booking with the teacher. Please see our full refunds and cancellation policy above (Point 4.)
- We expect students to behave well and attend lessons.
- We do not reimburse funds for students who start their courses late, finish early or fail to attend lessons.
- If you make a compensation claim against Spanish Express., our liability is no more than the money we have received from you.
- We do not accept liability for any loss, damage or misadventure you may suffer as a result of using our services.
Spanish Express reserves the right to cancel, postpone or alter a course or seminar, if we do, we will offer an alternative course or seminar.
Nothing in these conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer.
If you find these conditions unacceptable, we request that you leave the website and do not use the services of Spanish Express. If you do choose to use the Spanish Express website, and enter into agreements with Spanish Express, the above terms and conditions are generally applicable, and English law will apply.