The GCSE international diploma and the A-level academic program are a pupil’s opportunity to own a certificate that verifies their aptness and enters the best international universities and British universities.
The GCSE is a diploma awarded at the end of high school that prepares students to take the A-level, an internationally recognized baccalaureate that helps your application to universities.
For this reason, the results of the qualifications obtained in both processes are of utmost importance to all those who are looking for a promising future in the academic world.
If you have already received your grades, you may be wondering what to do after you receive your results. But, don’t worry! Here at Spanish Express, we will give you a hand in considering your possibilities, bringing you the next steps we suggest you take depending on your grades.
Make the right decision for your future with our information guide.
What to do after you receive your results according to your grades
It is normal to be a little confused about what step to take after receiving your results, as situations may vary depending on your score. Read how to handle your case below.
I got unexpected scores
If your score results were not what you were expecting, you should know that there are multiple options to turn to resolve your doubts. Some of these are:
- Talk to your counselor or teacher: generally, counselors or teachers have the right tools to guide you in the steps you should take in case you are dissatisfied with your result. Don’t hesitate to enlist their help to keep you informed from official sources.
- Apply through the university clearance: many universities have the Clearance option available, you should look for the course that best suits your requirements and request to be admitted to it.
- Search for internships: with this option, you can work and earn money while you continue your studies. It is the perfect alternative to gain experience while you gain new knowledge.
- Re-sits: remember that your opportunities do not end with these results, you can always prepare yourself properly and apply again.
- Don’t rule out alternatives: you can always choose to take a gap year. In this time you can prepare yourself in other areas or try your luck in the job sector.
I’m still waiting for the international GCSE results or A-level results
If instead of wondering what to do after you receive your results, or you are anxious about not receiving them, don’t despair, there are many reasons why your scores may have been delayed.
Remember that many applications have to be checked, and it is possible they haven’t had time to check yours yet. Maybe your complete score hasn’t arrived, so they can’t be sent.
Be patient and consult with a counselor if you have any questions.
To do this, you must speak directly with the institution where you took the exam. This way, you will be able to proceed with a review or an appeal. Generally, the deadlines are until September 7.
While you wait, it is good to keep one of these other solutions in mind.
I am looking for other courses
Besides opting for the Clearance courses, you can always look for courses at the universities of your choice. Almost all institutions have openings that can help you learn more about college life and prepare you academically.
I’ve been accepted!
This is the ideal situation which all students would like to be in. Also, where the doubt of what to do after you receive your results arises the most. If this is your case, now you just need to get in touch with the university, so that you are aware of what the next steps are in terms of the paperwork.
You also have a long way to go on other matters. You must find all the information about your financial expenses, accommodation, among other important aspects.
Don’t forget that if you have any doubts, you can always access organizations such as UCAS, which is dedicated to helping students on their way into the academic world.
Get ready for your studies with Spanish Express!
The best thing about counting on us is that we don’t just give you advice on what to do after you receive your results, we also give you opportunities and actions.
Spanish Express prepares you to take your A-level exam with the Spanish A-level online program. A convenient option that will allow you to take the exam from the comfort of your home at the most appropriate time for you.
We also offer an online learning experience to aid you in learning Spanish with the Spanish International GCSE online program.
With both programmes, you will have access to all these benefits!:
- Tutor support throughout the academic year
- Oral exam practise with a native teacher-examiner
- Marking of assignments for your course
- Mock exams for all 3 tests and feedback
- 12 months of access to learning materials
- Books and listening comprehension material
- Online Spanish social events
Do you know what’s even better? You can take your exam with us!
Spanish Express is a division of David Game College, so you will have the option of taking your exam at our facilities.
By choosing us as your External Examination Centre, we offer you the advantage of preparing with teacher-examiners and taking the exam in our center.
The school accepts private candidates for different exams set by Pearson/Edexcel and AQA (Assessment and Qualifications Alliance).
Whether you want to study abroad or at a British university, Spanish Express will help you with your preparation so that you always have the option of studying in a Spanish-speaking country.
It is your time to choose the best option for your education, and with our help, you will achieve the best results. So do not hesitate to contact us and start your path to academic excellence with Spanish Express.
Ginnette Di Damaso
Blogger of Spanish Express